If you have stayed abreast of the great strides 3D computer graphics and web-based 3D have made in the last decade, there may be a role for you in our 3D software development group. Our ideal candidate will be up to speed in the areas of mesh and massive models processing, level of detail generation, texture compression, mesh simplification and compression techniques, real-time rendering, and the application of spatial data structures to create optimized 3D content.
We are actively looking for more colleagues to join us in creating the world’s best geospatial mapping and data analysis platform. As a platform that serves millions of users and domains, our software needs to be modular, reusable, and well crafted. We iterate rapidly, constantly learning from feedback, metrics, and the mission and goals of our broad user community.
Strong math skills and the ability to design and implement data structures leveraging non-trivial algorithms are among the traits we are looking for.
- Build C++ software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Work closely with product engineers to implement requirements and create application architectures and API to meet product goals
- Design and develop stable software that includes automated test validation
- Develop reusable components and libraries for use internally and as open source
- Work within agileprocesses for short cycle, fast-paced delivery
- Take on complex goals that push the boundary of the possible
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application design, development, and exemplary user experiences
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs such as WebGL, OpenGL ES, OpenGL, or DirectX
- Strong knowledge of C++ (STL, C++ 11, Boost)
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes
- Experience developing software that runs in a cloud
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Experience with data visualization, mapping, and GIS
- Experience in mesh processing and simplification, texture optimization
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies