Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Ubisoft Toronto is a growing and diverse team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA games. Since opening our studio in 2010, our team has shipped the critically-acclaimed Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist as lead studio, and Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal and Watch Dogs 2 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal. In 2012, we opened our state-of-the-art Performance Capture Studio, and Playtest. We are currently working on For Honor in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal, as well as several top-secret, unannounced projects.
Ubisoft Toronto is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017.
You will develop new and improve existing functionality of our rendering engine which enables high quality real-time visualization of game’s 3D worlds (e.g.: lighting & shading, post-fx, rendering engine architecture, etc.)
Type of position: Permanent, full-time
The main and routine tasks of the 3D Programmer are to:
- Plan 3D technology development with technical artists and Lead 3D Programmer
- Iteratively develop 3D technology in collaboration with technical artists and otherprogrammers
- Analyse and propose improvement to the existing 3D technology in the engine
- Perform memory and performance optimizations of the 3D technology to meet the requirements for target platforms of the game.
- Provide support to technical artists and other team members as required to correctly and efficiently utilize the 3D technology
- Debug and fix issues in the 3D technology as they arise
- Document the work to enable artists and programmer to understand how 3D systems work and how they are designed to be used.
Bachelor’s in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in 3D programming, in the video game industry;
- Experience working with AAA video game rendering engines;
- Solid proficiency in C/C++ language and HLSL/GLSL;
- Experience in 3D programming for Xbox1, PS4 and/or PC (DX11+/OpenGL 4.3+)
- Understanding of modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently
- Solid understanding of 3D linear algebra
- Comprehensive understanding of rendering techniques used in modern AAA game productions
- Understanding and experience in real-time Physically Based Rendering (lighting, BRDF’s, camera model, etc.);
- Experience in XB1/PS4 specific shader optimizations;
- Experience in using Mathematica to solve and optimize rendering algorithms;
- Understanding and experience of Monte-Carlo path tracing techniques;
- Drive and knowledge how to push the real-time rendering quality in games;
- Ability to technically analyze images and propose quality improvements that fall in line with PBR;
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical problems to less technical audience;
- Ability to propose technical solution considering.