At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere – every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us – inspires us – to do what we do. To make what we want. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
In 3D Printing, we are looking for visionaries who are willing to push boundaries to help us rewrite the rules of 3D Printing. We are looking for those who are insatiably curious, able to work across borders and without limits, and who possess the passion to help shape the future of the 3D Printing industry.
This is a unique opportunity to join the HP 3D Multi-Jet Fusion WW Business Unit and have full exposure to one of the most exciting technologies and innovative business at HP Inc. You will be part of the HP 3D Printing Commercial Development and Expansion Organization.
This is a technical leadership and customer-facing role that will be responsible for helping sales driving the adoption of HP 3D printing technologies into scaled manufacturing and supply chain. Together with the rest of the 3DP Customer and Market Development organization, the selected candidate will work to expand the addressable market for the HP’s 3D printing business, where digitization and services are a fundamental element to break into industries and advance the state-of-the art.
For this role we are seeking leaders with a unique combination of technical skills, customer focus, sales experience and manufacturing expertise. The ideal candidate is a doer, technically strong and with high customer focus. Since this role will support multiple verticals, we are less concerned with deep industry knowledge (though this is a big plus) and more focused on the ability to learn quickly and identify critical factors of consideration for a solution sell.
- Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ needs and, consequently, for understanding customers’ businesses and applications for the HP 3D technology.
- Understands Customer Applications and propose the best combination of products and services HP or HP´s partners offer to meet customer needs.
- Develop use cases that can be used for marketing purposes
- Participate and be a key contributor in the sales cycle
- Bring back customer information to product mkt
- As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
- Actively contribute to HP’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects.
- Accountable for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
- Contribute to organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering , Materials Science, Physics or Chemistry is a must. Additional degree in Marketing or MBA a big plus.
- Minimum 2 years experience for entry positions, Minimum 10 years for senior positions
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas: Materials, 3D, mechanical part design, new product development , manufacturing, supply chain, process characterization, quality,
- Demonstrated experience in DFX (design for) techniques and tools: design for manufacturability, design for cost, design for quality, design for value. Topology optimization and simulation is a plus
- Manufacturing / industrial experience or at least experience working with industrial customers
- Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational strategy
- Successful experience working in a sales environment, meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Proven extensive abilities involving leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, and individual initiative
- Ability to effectively communicate solutions, design proposals and negotiate options at management and senior technical levels.
- Ability to lead without a title and influence others at different levels of the organization
- Strong partnership & networking capabilities. Able to manage complex relationships at both strategic and tactical level
- Good understanding of the relationships and implications between digitization and manufacturing, operations, key performance metrics, supply chain and logistics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Knowledge about 3D printing market, applications and technologies is a big plus.
- Knowledge about about CAD (computer aided design), CAE (computer aided engineering & simulation), CAM (computer aided manufacturing), cloud, analytics, IoT, manufacturing systems, digital thread, digital enterprise systems (ERP, PLM, CRM) and professional services
- Knowledge about customer needs in different verticals such as automotive, aerospace and healthcare is a big plus
- Professional Services, Strategic Consulting and/or Solution selling experience is valued.
Must be willing to travel 50% of the time.
This position is open to candidates in the following areas:
Detroit. MI area
Chicago, Ill area
North Eastern region of the US.