The Senior IT Internal Auditor will support the Internal Audit Department in the execution of a variety of engagements but concentrate on information technology projects. The position will identify and assess risks to the company's IT processes and systems, perform the IT SOX test of controls, execute audits, communicate results to management and help identify process improvements. The individual will work under general direct of the Senior Manager of Internal Audit and work closely with members of the IT department and external auditors.
- Manage process owners in maintaining and updating the IT policies and procedures; and control owners in ensuring the appropriate/sufficient evidence of controls exists.
- Maintain the company's SOX compliance documentation including the control matrix, testing of key controls and monitoring of deficiencies and remediation plan in our SOX compliance tool.
- Design and execute audit programs, including SOX audits, operational process reviews and review of system implemtations, applications, and other IT related risk.
- Communicate with and educate process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit.
- Understands the company's core IT general control processes (e.g., change management, logical access, IT operations).
- Executes audit procedures, including leading interviews, requesting, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting processes, procedures and testing in detailed work papers.
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation and enhancement of the SOX project by performing walk-throughs and control testing.
- Provide oversight and review all work prepared by the supporting staff.
- Provide support to the deficiency reporting and remediation process, including tracking remediation status of control deficiencies, and other SOX-related findings.
- Monitor major changes in the business, process and systems, and provide support to the internal process owners. Ensure the SOX documentation is updated timely to reflect the changes.
- Develops strong relationships across departments.
- Assists Internal Audit on non-IT projects as requested.
- Provide training on SOX guidelines and related topics.
- Act as a liaison between external auditors.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience at a publicly traded company or public accounting firm.
- Prior experience in big 4 accounting firm is a plus.
- Bachelor degree with major in Management Information Systems or Accounting or equivalent practical practice.
- CISA/CIA/CPA or related experience.
- Knowledge of auditing principles, auditing standards, IIA standards and PCAOB.
- Proficient with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Project management experience.
- Strong team building skills and proven ability to work with diverse group of people.
- Leadership skills.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.