This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of the organizations ongoing and evolving Corporate Public Relations, Social Media and Charitable Giving strategy. This role is accountable for leading the strategic implementation of external communication initiatives as well as creating, building and maintaining consumer, business and trade media relationships with a wide range of national, regional and local media outlets that result in media coverage and company awareness.
- Creates and implements the strategic vision of Chico's FAS Public Relations, executive profile raising and reputation management tactics.
- Oversees the execution of corporate events, sponsorships, and consumer, business and trade media relations.
- Creates and implements strategy for corporate social media pages.
- Oversees Corporate and Brand social and media crisis communications.
- Collaborates with brand marketing, PR and social teams to ensure Public Relations and social media are working to achieve company goals and assets are executed to best practices.
- Interfaces with senior leadership and presents strategies, reports, and new ideas.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with national, regional and local media outlets including print, broadcast, trade and digital media/blogs.
- Proactively creates and pursues story ideas and media outreach; serves as the main contact for business stories and interview requests for the organization and executive committee.
- Supports Chico's FAS international and new business development press efforts and expansion.
- Oversees Corporate PR budget.
- Supports senior leadership's corporate communication efforts, externally.
- Oversees and implement the strategy and execution of corporate giving and community relations efforts for the company.
- Identifies and meets with charitable organizations that meet our corporate vision and mission statements.
- Accountable for the reporting of press coverage and charitable recaps
- Manages the development of highly sensitive business information as necessary.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- BS Degree, Marketing, PR, Communications or similar field required
- 10+ years' experience in Public relations, social media, media, or communications experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the fashion and retail industries
- Strong editorial/media relationships
- Strong writing, media relations, verbal communication and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, Windows XP, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with digital media (video and photography), as well as social media platforms, programs, techniques, functionality, custom applications and blog platforms
- Excellent multi-tasker with a proved time management/prioritization track record
- Confidentiality and the ability to manage sensitive information is a priority in this role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concordant tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills