As a Communications Manager, you will be vital in framing communications based on business and brand goals. With your vision and expertise, you will create and execute a measured, strategic plan to develop and share content through various communication channels. You will report to the VP of Brand Strategy and will work closely with a team of Marketing and Business Development Managers across three offices.
- Develop and execute Shepley Bulfinch’s communications strategy, working closely with architectural staff to write blog posts, website content, marketing materials, thought leadership pieces, and other external facing materials.
- Maintain strong relationships with editors, reporters, clients, and team members; promote news stories and features to the media.
- Research coverage and industry trends; monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, and blogs for opportunities.
- Develop editorial governance so written content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone.
- Write and edit press releases, conference and award submissions, quarterly newsletters, targeted e-blasts, and other special writing projects.
- Work with Marketing team to develop strategy for social mediachannels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- Identify opportunities for internal knowledge sharing of expertise, current topics of interest, project themes, etc.
- Keep abreast of key competitors’ blogs and content as well as industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience
- Must have superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of communication platforms
- Enthusiasm for the architectural design industry