In this role you will become the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; Create differentiated and impactful content to support the buyer journey and campaigns. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
- Manage all content for given solution by maintaining a content inventory, defining and executing a content strategy
- Understand and contribute to the definition of target buyers and relevant personas for each target.
- Define the content subject and type required to move the target buyer through the buyer’s journey. Design buyer journeys and content narratives for new, cross sell, up sell and loyalty/retention buyer types which set the framework for campaign execution
- Orchestrates cross functional content development, delivery and discovery activities to fuel full-funnel content marketing encompassing product releases, lead generation and sales enablement.
- Curates content, managing repurposing and sales/marketing enablement
- Creates and maintains the ‘digital property map’ to understand each digital site. Overlays the buyer’s journey onto that digitalexperience, as well as the content required for each ‘property’. Works across teams to ensure content is published to all sites quickly and that it is continually maintained.
- Creates derivative messaging and content from the core messages delivered by Product Marketing. Examples of derivative messaging include: web copy, ebooks, slideshares, presentations, Search Engine Optimization terms and web copy, social media blogs, tweets, and other content to be used in social media tactics
- Works with Demand Gen teams to understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, assets, and messages, and modifies the strategy based upon that feedback
- Manages the budget for content creation and works with industry markers and marketing agencies to ensure on-time project delivery.
- Defines the messaging and search terms for search engine optimization, working with the digital marketing team to execute that strategy and also to monitor web metrics
- Develops and executes social media tactics, including writing and publishing blogs, tweets, identifying target social venues to place content; works with performance marketing to push out pre-built content to a thought-leader distribution list
- 3-5 years or more experience in product or content marketing
- Experience in high tech marketing
- Ability to build strong working relationships across departments of the organization, (product, sales, marketing, channel)
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing customer-facing messaging and content
- Self-starter, able to work in a high-paced environment
- Experience building impactful marketing collateral and informational content including; white papers; webinars; and web video for content marketing programs (please provide samples of your work)
- Experience building compelling content for demand generation
- Experience with persona based marketing