Back up and support the Controller across all functions supporting accounting and control processes. Assist Controller in providing leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of accounting, financialreporting (GAAP, statutory, actuarial and reinsurance) and operational control processes. Accountable for the balance sheet, income statement and establishing accounting policy while maintaining a strong internal control environment. Responsible for preparation of all management reporting and analysis requiring significant communication and/or reporting to the CFO, CEO and Rating Agency Relations.
- Oversight of all corporate accounting functions (e.g. close management, stat/GAAPreporting, capital transactions, general ledger).
- Lead, oversee and direct the accounting operations unit, including production of financialreporting deliverables.
- Partner with Product Actuarial to ensure appropriate reporting of reserves, DAC, VOBA and related balance sheet accounts.
- Produce required analyses regarding all financial matters for all state insurance commissioners.
- Coordination of company financial planning, business planning and budget management.
- Assist in onboarding of new acquisitions of other NSRE companies within shared services model.
- Primary day-to-day liaison to internal and external auditors.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls in compliance with applicable Federal, state and international laws and other requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- CPA with Bachelor's in Accounting or related field; MBA a plus
- 8-10 years public accounting and reporting experience with significant life insurance experience (Big-4 firm experience a plus)
- Corporate accounting and reporting in a technical or management role required; expertise in technical accounting
- In-depth understanding of Stat and GAAP accounting requirements and internal/external financialreporting
- Superior leadership and management skills for both managed staff and matrixed partners
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively articulate and customize the message at various levels
- Strong project management skills and a high standard for quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements