2nd Shift Micro Fabrication Assembly Technician III
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
N2 Imaging Systems, a UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) company, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, 2nd Shift Micro Fab Assembly Technician to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. Selected individual must be able to train on 1st shift (7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) a minimum of 3 months prior to transitioning to 2nd shift. The Micro Fab Assembly Technician is responsible for providing direct manufacturing of imaging arrays, display arrays and fiber optic transceivers including assembly, alignment, and test in a cleanroom environment. The Micro Fab Assembly Technician provides direct support of N2 production moves in a daily production environment within a class 1000 cleanroom utilizing the latest in factory automated packaging assembly tooling. All main activities can be continuously optimized for manufacturability improvements. Training on specific factory automation will be provided as necessary as well as small component manual placement assessment for detailed utilization in the cleanroom. The successful Micro Fab Assembly Technician will be a high-energy person who remains agile to daily changes and improvements to the tasking while always taking the initiative to ensure our manufactured parts are world class, and that our manufacturing processes are both effective and continuously improve efficiency.
2nd Shift Hours: 4:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Additional responsibilities of the Micro Fab Assembly Technician include:
The candidate must be able to provide a positive interface with daily supervision and attend daily meetings to communicate status of work in progress, also the candidate be the focal point of communicating specific factory tooling status and issues that the production line requires for continued on time delivery requirements.
All of the following are to be in a class 1000 cleanroom setting:
- Assembly of production ‘work in progress’ to daily requirements
- Presenting small components for automated tools to assemble
- Hand assembly of small components in a cleanroom setting
- Follow all product process documentation
- Note issues and report product process documentation errors, such as product assembly procedures, product test/calibration/alignment procedures, assembly and test checklists, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Communicate issues for existing tooling fixtures and assembly aids to supervision
- Adhere to practices and procedures including ESD control, material flow and control, etc.
- Follow procedures, equipment instructions, policies and practices to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Identify areas for improved product manufacturability, reduced product cost, or improved product reliability.
- As needed, work with engineering to correct problems or initiate improvements in accordance with manufacturability, cost and reliability improvement projects.
- US Citizenship required
- Previous experience in a both commercial and Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be analytical, observant, focused, and detail orientated.
- Ability to interface with personnel throughout the Operations and Engineering organizations in an efficient and productive way, including both oral and written communications.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook email
- Familiarity with Engineering documentation standards, ability to read and interpret basic engineering drawings and specifications
- SAPexperience a plus
- High School Diploma with 10–15years experience in micro-assembly / packaging in a cleanroom environment
- AA/AS degree w/5–10+ years experience in micro-assembly / packaging in a cleanroom environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
If interested, pleaseapply online at https://track.talentbrew.com?jobmediaid=281542&typeid=1