The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity as a Senior Engineer for Boeing's 2nd Century Enterprise Systems (2CES). This position will be performing project management and technical activities in the area of software, hardware and manufacturing processes and tools for airborne certified components using D0178C/D0254 and applicable military standards for certification.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, processes, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software development environments.
- Performs software project management and develops and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and partners.
- Provides oversight and approval of process approaches, processes, systems, certification mechanisms and tools utilized to develop airborne certified software and hardware components.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Direct experience developing and implementing software and hardware development processes, D0178C, D0254, CMMI, D0160, D0330.
- Direct experience in software or hardware engineering, requirements, design, development, test, and working with airborne certified software and hardware.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- ABET certified Engineering degree.
- More than 3 years experience in project management.