Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering is seeking a goal oriented, detail focused project engineer. This position is a seasoned Project Engineering professional working independently. Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets, tracks progress, resolves problems, develops solutions, and forecasts project revenue. Coordinates with other functional organizations. Identifies and addresses project problems, analyzes data gathered, and develops solutions and recommendations to solve problems, meet deadlines and optimize performance. Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Supports the development of project plans and schedules.
- Tracks progress, identifies and resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules to ensure smooth project operations.
- Forecasts project revenues, monitors costs and re-estimates project costs on a monthly basis to maximize project profitability and ensure business targets are met.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding to optimize performance and increase efficiency of work.
- Maintains and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to track progress and ensure that established targets are met.
- Identifies and addresses project problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Facilitates project tasks with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and o financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
- Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of project engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree or 3+ years of project engineering experience with an advanced degree.
- Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with MS Project.
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to provide creative solutions
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication