$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
San Mateo, CA 94401
Industry: Consumer Technology•
Not Specified years
Posted 62 days ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-timecommunication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Game Engine Engineer on the Avatar team you will create core engine level technology that will power our future characters and player Avatars. We are looking for engineers passionate about building cutting edge technology and world class user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
• Implement character avatar features and functionality
• Take pride in creating highly performant cross-platform application
• Maintain and improve existing codebase
• Write and maintain automated tests
• Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
• Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best use
generated gaming platform
Proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms and computer graphics/animation. Strong in 3D math and will look for opportunities to use Machine Learning and computer vision to automate avatar creation and articulation.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with Lua
• Experience in game development.
• Experience with mobile and/or console game engine development
• Experience on an Agile team - Scrum and/or Kanban project process
• Experience building games with Roblox Studio
• Experience with facial animation or general character animation systems
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
• A rewarding 401k program
• Flexible vacation policy
• Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
• Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
• Annual CalTrain Go Pass
• A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
• Rock star status with our community
Valid Through: 2019-9-13