A role that works to develop product approval and technical product knowledge for assigned areas of responsibility. Works regularly with cross-functional groups such as Marketing, Quality, Sourcing, Distributors and Third-Party agencies. Assignments are of substantial variety and complexity and require applying engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria while also using good judgment to adapt or make modifications to product compliance approvals. Also, plans and performs unique compliance and product approvals assignments / projects of some complexity, using precedence that are not fully applicable to current need. May lead meetings with Third party industry approving agencies to gain compliance / approvals. Recognizes need and recommends changes or new procedures to address approvals changes and related processes. Evaluates the impact of and makes recommendations or changes to processes affected by product approvals. May independently develop clear and specific objectives for given assignments that require the investigation of several alternative solutions. Effectively participates in a Team setting to achieve needed results. Ability to utilize project management methods to effectively contribute or lead projects assignments. Based on business need, role may flex into existing product support for periods of time.
- Be a technical or subject matter expert for multiple product approvals.
- Manage cross-functional projects to maintain or gain new product approvals.
- Host, conduct or assist in customer and or third-party audits of Swagelok factory to support approvals.
- Create or assist in creating standard work to training peers and others relative to compliance and product areas of expertise.
- Use business acumen to create business cases to guide go/no-go decision on projects / product approvals new and renewals.
- Provide technical service and support for assigned product lines and Third-party product approvals
- Contribute to and or develop work plans, hours / cost estimates, timelines to drive project completion.
- Utilize methodical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills for processing troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Use Project Management methodologies to contribute to or lead projects to completion.
- Foster cross-functional business relationships internally and externally to facilitate project completion.
- BS degree in Engineering plus appropriate continuous training
- 3-5 years of Swagelok engineering / technical experience
- Ability to solve significant problems and complete multiple projects, using problem-solving methods to make decisions
- Applies proven technology independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills and desire / ability to work well on teams.
- Strong computer and typical office software skills
- Desire for more / additional responsibilities in technical areas or leadership
- Prior Swagelok Engineering experience, especially Product Engineering and or Quality Engineering.
- Leadership skills to assist with project management and cross-functional nature of work.
- SAP skills, especially with DCN processes.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Accountability and Initiative