The Application DBA II is responsible for assisting data architects and software engineers with implementation of data-driven solutions for specific applications and systems that the IT-OSS team are responsible for. The successful candidate will engage in all aspects of the solution development (e.g., change management, testing, tuning, layout, monitoring, automation, etc.) to ensure the success of all projects associated with those applications and systerms. Additionally, the Application DBA will be the liaison with the Systems DBAs from IT to request the working of issues and communicate needs.
- Keep and maintain an accurate inventory of all databases, host names, IPs and connection strings for all team databases
- Monitor the performance of the production databases for the team
- Monitor long running SQL on the production databases of the team
- Monitor for stuck/blocking sessions on the production databases of the team
- Perform scheduled non-production database refreshes from an exported copy of the production database
- Assist and train more junior Application DBAs
- Help design and manage data replication in non-production databases
- Perform database maintenance and assist IT DBAs with platform upgrades and maintenance
- Create tables, views, procedures, triggers and otherdatabase objects
- Ensure data requirements are clearly defined and consistent with solution objectives
- Participate in change management
- Assist users and developers with tuning and teaching them how to write more efficient SQL code
- Assist IT DBAs with issue resolution and monitoring
- Lead database planning activities
- Perform unit testing as well as assist with UAT
- Review all database documentation and data dictionaries to ensure they are up-to-date
Open Source: Creating daily health reports around resource availability, sizing and performance analyses.
Databases: performance tuning, clustering design, high availability architectures.
Virtualization: Virtualization server, storage, desktop, network; reducing sprawl.
Infrastructure-based processes: monitoring, capacity planning, facilities management, performance tuning, asset management, disaster recovery.
We are looking for an Application DBA with:
- 5+ years of DBA experience in a medium to large sized company. REQUIRED
- Experience with Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and/or 12c. REQUIRED
- Strong database set up and performance tuning skills
- Ability to mentor developers to produce efficient SQL writing skills
- Good communicator and is able to get technical ideas and methodologies across to a large audience in meetings or on conference calls
- Experience with Golden Gate data replication (or similar)
- Must be able to work with hundreds of databases
Minimum Requirements: College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7+ years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.