JAYCO, INC. - Middlebury, IN
Jayco, Inc. develops and manufactures a full-line of recreation vehicles at its company headquarters in rural Middlebury, Indiana and markets them through a nationwide network of nearly 300 dealers. With a history dating back to 1968, Jayco's mission remains unchanged– to build exemplary RV's and provide customers with extraordinary service after the sale.
Designs recreation vehicle products in a timely manner to satisfy marketability and manufacturability requirements. Ensures all necessary engineering records and documentation are completed to support the ongoing manufacture of products. Suggests, develops, and evaluates new floor plans, new products, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design all facets of recreational vehicle using Autodesk Inventor.
- Participates in engineering projects regarding new product / feature designs and change requests.
- Communicates new designs and design changes to various areas inside and outside of Jayco.
- Ensures that designs satisfy all engineering parameters (structural, functional, etc.), industry codes and standards, state or provincial codes & standards, and Jayco quality standards.
- Visits production line for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a good relationship with production personnel as well as evaluating this Engineering Team's work.
- Strives continuously for product improvement, cost reductions, and improved quality and manufacturability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4-yearEngineeringDegree OR knowledge equivalent to high school graduate with some college experience with 5-8+ years RV industry or related work experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of hands-on engineeringexperience
- Experience in RV or other manufacturing design preferred, but not required.
- Must be proficient with Autodesk Inventor, plan design generation, modeling, documentation, and design standards.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team oriented, fast paced, positive, stable work environment.
Jayco offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and disability insurance as well as an excellent 401(k) retirement plan, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
- Autodesk Inventor or Solid Works: 2years
- 3D Modeling: 2years
- Design Engineering: 2years