The Chemistry Account Manager position is responsible for growing the market share ofMonsanto Roundup and chemistry business within a designated geography. This position will create demand for Monsanto seed brands and chemistry products through retailers, dealers, and top growers. We currently have an opening supporting territories in Central Illinois. This position reports to an Area Sales Manager and is a member of a team of approximately 12 Account Managers.Responsibilities include:
- Effectively sell the value of Monsanto Roundup/selective Chemistry products.
- Serve as key business consultant to retailers and dealers.
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers.
- Implement, promote, and communicate marketing incentive programs.
- Actively manage inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives.
- Successfully partner and manage the relationship with top growers, act as the business expert for top growers, and negotiate and plan for customer needs (handle product performance inquiries, establishment of customer trial/plot plans, and coordination of plot tours with key customers).
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion ofMonsanto brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge.
- Collaborate with Monsanto Account Managers (AM), and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers desiring extensive technical/agronomic expertise.
- Effectively promote all of Monsanto's different business channels.
- Bachelors Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, Business, Biology or related field.
- Minimum of three years of professional sales/account management experience.
- Experience effectively demonstrating self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Previous experience successfully working in teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e. Marketing, Product Management, Logistics, Training, Finance)
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook).
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
- If necessary, the ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed).
- Trait, Seed, and Chemistry knowledge
- Experience in general agronomics, pest management, and plant physiology
- Certified Crop Advisor certification
Req ID 01N8I