The Middleware Engineer will work on a medium sized team in our Plano office that supports our complex infrastructure which support the Enterprise and Digital Platform applications that power our Retail operations. In this dynamic role you will be responsible for installing, customizing, developing, implementing and/or maintaining the existing IT infrastructure and our upcoming cloud technologies as an in-house SME.
- Manage problem resolution and escalations and Communicate issues to stakeholders and team members
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements and develop a solution to meet those requirements.
- Create detailed design and associated solutions built around ORACLE WebLogic and other potential solutions.
- Expert level knowledge of configuring, monitoring, tuning Middleware domains in cluster and high availability environment.
- Ensure enterprise applications are running effectively at all times, which includes continuous monitoring and ensuring every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
- Excellent skills on JVM and its memory management, diagnostics and configuration.
- Design, build, and maintain software and utilities that improve the operation, automation, and administration of systems, applications, and operational tasks.
- Serve as a primary technical contact/liaison with vendors for evaluation of new middle-tier applications.
- Support a 24x7 production environment (as part of on-call rotation team).
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- 8+ years of progressive support/middlewareexperience with WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Proficient knowledge of Installing, configuring, administering, performance tuning, monitoring and trouble-shooting WebLogic Application Server and Apache.
- Experience with supporting COTS and J2EE applications running in WebLogic Application Server.
- Worked extensively in middleware environments with front end as Apache web server.
- Working experience with Unix scripting, WLST for automation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple environments (DEV, TEST, UAT, PD) effectively and account for differences in each environment.
- Ability to deploy and troubleshoot applications on middleware platforms.
- Engage and collaborate regularly with infrastructure, systems, security, and quality assurance teams to provide status updates and work on both tactical and strategic plans.
- Candidate must possess good oral and written communication, project management, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.