Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
What you will be doing:
The Service Reliability Engineer(SRE) has three main functions:· Partner withengineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring & alerting.· Educate & empower service teams to think operationally when designing services.· Develop software solutions to support & sustain services & products.This is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud automation and gain hands onexperience developing software with AWS· Maintain and develop tools to automate much of the manual workrequired to keep aSaaS offering highly available, scalable, and resilient to the vagaries of theInternet.· Develop and maintain methodologies of iteratively deploying Instructure’s cloud-basedarchitecture.· Build resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night even in case of instance failure.
Here's what you will need to know/have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Programming experience using Ruby, Node, Go, or other modern programming language
- Experience with Containers; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Deep understanding of configuration management and automation tools (Anisible, Salt, Puppet)
- CI/CD exposure - Jenkins, Git/Gerrit
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp cert. preferred, but not required
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Lots of paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships and Welbe fitness tracking
- Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches
- iMacs or Macbooks.