Responsible for all Program/Project management and delivery, Solution Architecture and standards in compliance with IT Governance, and IT budget at Business Unit level; Contributes to improvement / optimization of the IT governance processes; Responsible for ensuring the alignment of the Strategic Information Systems Plan with local business priorities and executes plans; Manages key relationships with senior business partners; Identifies new business and efficiency potentials as trend scout of future customer needs; Represents G-IT in the definition and delivery of IT services and programs to the local Business Unit; Responsible for local ASP retained staff including maintaining necessary knowledge capital; Manages local relationship with outsourcing partners and their performance and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Represents G-IT in the definition and delivery of IT services and programs to the local Business Unit.
- Is responsible for Local ASP retained staff including maintaining necessary knowledge capital Manages local relationship with outsourcing partners and their performance / services at the business unit level.
- Is responsible for all Program/Project management and delivery, as well as Solution Architecture and standards, in compliance with IT Governance.
- Is responsible for ensuring the alignment of the Strategic Information Systems Plan with local business priorities.
- Is responsible for IT budget at Business Unit level.
- Manages and maintains relationship with senior Business Executives and other key business partners.
- May be responsible for other Account Executives in Position Level I.
- Leads a group of specialists who perform complex tasks.
- Planning + Controlling: Oversees the planning and controlling of multiple tasks / multiple projects on a short term basis (1year) and owns cost center budget.
- Business Results: Develops project concepts, creates plans and oversees implementation of business solutions of moderate to high complexity.
- Governance: Implements organizational governance.
- Relationship Management: Handles specific customer challenges (escalation).
- People Focus: Leads a group of managers and/or senior specialists.
- Planning + Controlling: Oversees regional / local planning on a midterm basis and owns budget of multiple cost centers or of a single large cost center.
- Executes strategic plans.
- Business Results: Identifies and pursues business and efficiency opportunities Governance:
- Improves organizational governance (e.g. optimizes processes).
- Relationship Management: Handles specific customer challenges of internal (& external) business partners, identifies trends to determine potential future customer needs.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
The Sr. Director: IA Data leader will be a direct report to the CDO – Chief Data Officer as a senior leader responsible for all IA data teams spanning 4 geographical locations.
This role will be located in Caledonia, MI, and will require 20-25% travel.
Key accountabilities include
- Active role on the CDO leadership team to set and execute on data vision for the enterprise.
- Primary counterpart and CDO liaison to IA business executives to set direction, drive data progress, and prioritize initiatives for IA businesses.
- Responsible for oversight and motivation of team of ~ 20 FTE plus vendor resources.
- Accountable for IA data budget planning and management.
- Data domain expertise for analytics, financial, master, and operational data; 5+ years of experience leading data teams.
- Experience in leading data development, management, governance, and user support.
- Experienced in thought, people, and administrative management.
- Balanced focus on pragmatic capabilities transformation, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Ability to function independently in a satellite location while maintaining tight connection to home office leadership, protocol, and standards.
Education Requirements:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Experience Requirements: Level II: 10-15years of experience in Info Technology; 3-5years Management / Leadership.
Special Skill Requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language.
Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.