Job Purpose/Background: This is a Vice President role based in our Wilmington, Delaware, US location. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of the US Corporate Action team, and will play a pivotal role engaging with the Global Corporate Action Management team. The role will be focused on oversight of risk and operational control functions across all Corporate Action teams. A successful candidate will use daily reporting, risk management tools, and escalation procedures to strengthen the tracking of high-risk Corporate Action events. The candidate will also be involved in driving efficiencies in the team by enhancing systems tools and by creating reporting that allow senior management to view ongoing events and situations from a risk perspective. The role will also require interaction with other operational teams to manage Corporate Action activity impacted by Trade Settlements and Securities Lending. BlackRock’s proprietary operating platform is Aladdin. Within Aladdin there are a number of applications which includes the Corporate Actions Manager (CAM) which facilitates and supports workflow throughout the Corporate Action Event life cycle.
- Monitor outstanding elections and aide the Manager of the elections team to ensure any late elections are escalated for quick resolution.
- Support the individual group managers to drive efficiencies in their teams, and create tracking logic to monitor efficiencies across all Corporate Action functions.
- Serve as an escalation point for Risk situations, and manage audit reviews to ensure risk mitigation is properly controlled, documented, and consistently implemented across the Global Corporate Actions team.
- Manage ongoing staffing needs and risk levels by reviewing workloads combined with complexity and scheduled vacation. Create a heat-map of upcoming days and allow for better management of staff and workloads.
- Communication and active participation with BLK’s Global CoAc Managers and Team Leaders to drive change across our core operating locations and promote Best Practice and operating consistency within diverse regional regulatory environments.
- Provide regional support and coverage for manager tasks as needed to cover vacation and travel.
- Manage relationships and escalation issues with other operational groups impacted by Corporate Action events, including pending trade and loan transactions.
- BlackRock offers a comprehensive orientation package in addition to relevant Corporate Action systems training.
- BlackRock provides extensive opportunities for personal and professional development as well as a robust program of continuous competence and skills training within the Corporate Actions Department.
- You will be required to achieve threshold competence across all corporate action disciplines within a period agreed by your Manager.
- You will be required to maintain competence for the role through active and continuous participation in training activities.
- BlackRock provides an extensive Talent Management program with defined annual objective setting and a twice yearly review process.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 to 6years’ experience in a Risk Management or Corporate Action leadership role and have a broad understanding of Financial Markets and the regulatory framework governing Investment Management or, a Global Custody environment.
- In addition to a solid background in international and domestic operational processing risk, and a proven track record in Risk Mitigation through implementation of risk solutions.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate prior experience in change management through project work or other process efficiencies.
- Experience in Derivative products and Securities Lending will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills aligned with a good background in leadership, management or supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Acute attention to detail and understanding of downstream processes
- Possess a good understanding of the risks inherent in the corporate actions environment and demonstrate good discipline around control and escalation.
- Candidates should demonstrate appropriate levels of academic achievement or relevant work experience
- Candidates should possess a high level of self- motivation and adaptability.
- Demonstrate an affinity for teamwork and to contribute as a partner within a truly global team.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate constructively at all levels.
- Be highly organized, focused with practiced skills in operating effectively to tight deadlines within a high risk and high volume environment.