Fraud Risk Analyst 4 -
Citi is currently transitioning its Fraud Analytics team into a data science-based organization. We are looking for an energetic, motivated analyst to join our growing team, supporting fraud strategy development for ourRetail Bank business. This person will identify fraud trends, perform data mining and analysis to develop and improve fraud strategies for debit cards andother money movement products across multiplechannels (in-person, on-line,mobile). They will work closely with the various stakeholders including fraud operations,claims, fraud policy,technology,otherrisk teams, and business owners. The candidate will be closely involved with implementation of the strategies in the fraud detection system in addition to working with existing systems and developingother processes to identify fraudulent activity.KeyResponsibilities:
- Analysis of customer claims data to identify emerging fraud trends including chaining of events.
- Analysis of customer transaction data, including online session data, to develop and improve fraud strategies for diverse channels such as debit cards, checks, ACH, P2P payments, and wires transfers.
- Leverage customer and transaction data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Develop and implement effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring appropriate balance between risk, operational costs and customer experience.
- Develop and review MIs reports and communicate the fraud results to the business.
- Present data and strategies succinctly for management reviews and decision making.
- Partner with various business partners in marketing, operations, risk, and customer services in being pro-active in identifying emerging trends to help prevent fraud losses.
About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range offinancial products and services, including consumerbanking and credit, corporate andinvestmentbanking, securities brokerage, transaction services, andwealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing thecapital markets on behalf of our clients.Citi’sMission and Value Propositionexplains what we do andCiti Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providingfinancial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earnand maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field, is required. An advanced degree is highly desirable
- Experience in applied analytics is required
- Five to six years of riskexperience in the banking/financial industry is preferred
- Experience in the fraud risk discipline in Credit Cards or other Consumer Banking products is desired
- Strong analytical skills. Familiar with large datasets environment
- Experience in statistical and data analysis in at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS/SQL (required), R, SPSS, Python, or equivalent
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and change management skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to actively lead and implement ideas effectively in a collaborative and cross-functional working environment