- Must complete in-house orientation program
- B.S., M.S. or MBA in Business or Healthcare Administration.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Five (5) years of experience in Inpatient and hospital outpatient coding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Speaks, reads and writes English
- Capable of addressing multiple issues and understanding how they impact other areas of the compliance program, so that appropriate remedial action may be taken where necessary.
- Capable of reporting to high level officials and the Board Level Compliance Committee on a regular basis.
- Independent, self-motivated person, able to pursue and resolve a wide variety of compliance issues.
- Should be someone to whom all personnel feel comfortable reporting compliance issues or concerns.
- Computer Skills: Excel & Word
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Coding Credentials: AHIMA - Certified Coding Specialist, CCS and/or Nursing License: RN.
- RN, DRG Validator or Audit experience preferred but not required
Req. Num.: 161689