Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
This position is key part of the Global Information Security team for Operations and is responsible for managing the Firm's Information Security Program for the Operations Division. The role is required to have a working understanding of the handling of information, the technology used in the processing of information, and the associated risks for their business. The role also requires a working understanding of entitlement risk management related programs, processes, and policies for Operations. The team is located in Baltimore and Mumbai to provide global coverage.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is responsible for the following:
- Lead day to day processes of Business Unit Information Security Officer related incidents
- Support design and implementation of strategies to more effectively manage entitlements risk and data leakage prevention
- Lead day to day Entitlement / Information Security / Data Leakage related programs, including all processes and procedures in adherence with the Global Information Security Program Policy
- Conduct various thematic Risk Analysis on root causes from incidents and identifying lessons learned.
- Lead various Entitlement / Information Security / Data Leakage related trainings
- Lead production of various Regional / Global Management Reporting
- Identify and raise up for discussion any Entitlement, Data leakage and Information Security Procedures and Processes within Team
-Role will report to local manager
Requirements, Competencies & Attributes:
The Business Unit Information Security Officer candidate should possess the following:
- Experience in Information Security Management
- Four to Six years experience in the financial industry or similar role
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills & Strong client service orientation
- Good Microsoft tools skills - Excel / Word / Power Point
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills (critical thinking ability)
- Adaptive and able to meet deadlines on assignments and change priorities as required
- Detail oriented and able to quickly grasp big picture issues
- Strong presentation skills and confidence to host meetings
- Driven and able to initiate
- Committed to self-development
- Demonstrate a high standard of conduct and ethics