Senior Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer - Virtual Desktop Architecture
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Managing resources, incidents and projects.
- Applications packaging (App-V, 1E and/or similar products).
- Administration and engineering of Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp.
- Use of Netscaler and remote protocols.
- Use of network topologies and protocols.
- Operational support.
- Use of technologies and troubleshooting desktop connectivity related issues.
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of the most complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructureengineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides expert input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructuretechnology. Is an expert on current industry trends and emerging technologies? Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of InfrastructureEngineering objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Technical operational management experience.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructureexperience including application packaging experience, virtual desktop administration, administration and implementation of XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Citrix Product Experience.
- Experience with remote access technologies.
- Netscaler and remote protocol experience.
- Experience with Tintri Storage or related technologies.
- Understanding of desktop architecture and operational practices.
- General understanding of networking concepts.
- Ability to manage projects, incidents and team members directly and indirectly with the ability to leverage previous experience to help provide an immediate positive leader impact.