Sr. Software Engineer
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Cloud Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Design and develop high-performance distributed systems which span many data centers around the world.
- Debug and maintain critical systems that support the PlayStation Now game streaming stack.
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of distributed architectures, parallel server design, and advanced networking
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL data stores (PostgreSQL, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Knowledge of messaging frameworks (Kafka, 0MQ, JMS, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Knowledge of streaming processing frameworks (Samza, Spark, Storm, Flink, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization or container technologies (Ganeti, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Programming best practices including unit testing, integration testing, static analysis, and code documentation
- Familiar with Agile and other development best practices
- Can work with both a small high-functioning teams or independently as needed
- Great communication skills
- Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile when required
- Contributor to the open source community (i.e. Github, Stack Overflow, blogging, etc.)
- Stays up to date with latest technologies (i.e. reads technology blogs, attends conferences, etc.)
- Video gamer a plus