The Senior Internal Auditor performs professional internal audits of operational, accounting and financial data of various departments within the Company to ensure compliance with various guidelines and regulations. Responsibilities also include identifying improper accounting or documentation, researching issues and making recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly. May also work with external auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function. Work may involve conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects and providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff. The individual may also provide input on development of the Annual Audit Plan. The Senior Internal Auditor relies on extensive experience and independent judgment to plan and accomplish a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required of the individual in this role. The Senior Auditor will adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Previous Mortgage Audit experience and Auditor in Charge experience preferred
• Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
• Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
• Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related projects
• Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings
• Performs other related work as assigned by audit management
The Senior Internal Auditor may lead and direct the work of other Internal Auditors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and six – eight years of full-time experience in auditing and compliance or equivalent experience in audit and compliance required. A graduate degree in business administration, public administration or a related field, or certification as a CRCM, CIA, CPA, CBA or CAMS may substitute for one year of required experience. The combination of a graduate degree and a certification may substitute for two years of required experience.
The Senior Internal Auditor must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Individual must also have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
Internet software, Spreadsheet software (ex. MS Excel), Word Processing Software (ex. MS Word), Presentation Software (ex. MS PowerPoint), 10-key calculator, facsimile machine
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc)
Certification as a CRCM, CIA, CPA, CAMS, CBA or CISA is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
6-8 years:6-8 years previous Internal Audit experience with at least 2 years previous Mortgage Audit experience and at least 2 years previous Auditor in Charge experience preferred
Relevant and active certification a plus - CPA, Certified Bank Auditor, Certified Internal Auditor, etc.