Job Description and Qualifications
We’re adding to our National Dairy Sales Team! This position will focus in the western territory (primary focus in California). In this role, you will be responsible for assisting dairy producers in improving production capabilities and profits through sales of feed components & programs. Your responsibilities include: - Develop strategies to increase the market share and impact of proprietary technology and products- Monitor and document production and profitability improvements for dairy producers implementing program and product recommendations- Maintain a high level of proficiency and competency in nutrition, production management, and selling skills- Provide strategic and tactical planning skills necessary to provide solutions based selling of value add technologies to dairies- Ability to work independently while contributing and participating in a team oriented environment- Build relationships with Dairy influencers (vets/independent nutritionists)
- BS degreerequired; preferably in related field - MS, PhD or DVMdegreedesired
- 3+ years experience in dairy production- young animal growth to adult cow performance required.
- Priority given to candidates with previous sales/consulting experience with large P-290influential dairies
- Requires daily travel in the territory with approximately 30% overnight
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated experience using a dairy management/records system
Required Competencies: Action oriented, drive for results,customer focused, functional/ technical skills, interpersonal skills, self-development, time management and problem solving/decision making.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.