8 - 10 years experience • Chemicals
Job Responsibilities: The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will lead and direct the environmental, health and safety efforts for this chemical production facility. As an integral member of the Plant Management Team, the Environmental Health and Safety Manager will provide leadership and strategic direction, will support and advise site management with regard to the EHS implications of the business activities. Responsible for formulating a proactive, local EHS strategy that drives the location to become an environmentally sustainable, healthy and safe operation.
· Ensure that the plant meets and exceeds all federal and state ESH standards & regulations and requirements set forth by management.
· Develop and implement environmental practices, projects and programs at the plant and meet environmental permit requirements including; storm water, wastewater, air emissions, solids waste, noise and oil pollution.
· Assist in formulating compliance programs in response to federal, state or company environmental, safety/industrial hygiene regulations and policies.
· Implement and support the environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) management system and the Corporation EH&S Policy.
· Provide environmental, safety and health analysis of new processes, procedures, equipment, engineering guidelines and standards review, contractor safety, and all major engineering activities/projects. Coordinate and/or participate in Process Hazard Analysis utilizing suitable methods such a HAZOP, What If, or other systems safety techniques.
· Responsible for security programs and implement adequate controls to protect Company confidential/proprietary information.
· Drive safety cultural change focused on a proactive, process improvement approach.
· Drive a strong EHS message through outstanding performance, investigation, follow-up and continuous improvement process and the initiation of action plans.
· Develop and mentor staff and provide strong developmental support.
- Bachelors Degree in an Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental or Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety or closely related degreerequired.
- An advanced degree and/or recognized EHS certification or documented training (e.g. PE, CIH, CSP, etc.) is a plus.
- Minimum 7years of progressive responsibility in an EHS related career.
- Minimum 5years experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment with heavy focus on Waste Water and Air Permitting and management systems.
- Minimum 3years of training and management experience (plant or department management).
- Must be familiar with OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP), OSHA and EPA Process Safety Management (PSM) Requirements, EHS Management Systems (ISO), and Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) regulations.
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as NFPA, ANSI, ACGIH and AIHA is required.
- Professional industrial/distributionexperiences with Title V and NPDES a plus.
- Prior experience in developing and implementing environmental, safety programs and effective training curriculum.
· Proficient in all aspects of safety and industrial hygiene.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including the plant floor, as well as customers and outside professionals.
· Demonstrated leadership, people-influencing, project management and ability to develop and deliver effective EHS-related training.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and English language communication skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of relevant federal, state and local occupational environmental, health and safety laws and regulations as they apply to industrial organizations.