First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Position Description Overview
As a valuable member of the Benefits Team, the Director, Global Retirement Plans is responsible for strategy, design, communications, administration and compliance of all global defined benefit, pension and defined contribtuion palns. The ideal candidate will ensure the benefit enhance our ability to attract and retain top talent by providing functional expertise to deliver HR initiatives that support and foster teammate engagement.
- Provide strategic vision and operational excellence in oversight of global benefits (19 sponsored plans in 17 countries along with over 40 countries with statutory arrangements for NA, LATAM, EMEA and APAC)
- Review and administer global benefits programs, recommend modifications including improvement initiatives and plans which support business strategy; set-up benefit programs in new countries.
- Drives effective communication of benefit strategies and programs.
- Directs the team managing the U.S. benefits activities.
- Supports the team members to exercise independence and making rapid progress towards goals, while working closely to deliver results and remove roadblocks for team.
- Ensures compliance with all benefit programs in accordance with location specific regulatory and legislative requirements; coordinates preparation of filings - specifically in the U.S. with federal and state agencies, including IRS and DOL and other regulatory agencies.
- Establishes and monitors budgets.
- Prepares financial reports to provide to leaders with understanding of benefit costs and trends to supportefficient and effective delivery of benefit programs.
- Monitors administrative costs and pricing of benefit programs and recommends cost containment strategies, including alternate methods of administration. Completion of RFIs or RFPs to maintain market pricing.
- Prepares business cases for benefit reviews, renewals and proactively identifies industry and regional trends.
- Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and ensure contract terms and conditions are met.
- Directors the project plan for internal and external plan audits.
- Establish, coordinate and participate in rquired US fiduciary committees and international governance committees.
- Manages strong cross-functional relationships with payroll, finance, legal, compliance, communications, treasury and other HR colleagues including the regional HR teams.
- Be a champion for innovation and know what best in class companies are doing and look to integrate best practices into First Data processes.
Scope of Job
May manage one or more benefit departments. Decisions have a major impact on the end results of the benefit plans.
Performs duties under minimal supervision, escalating most serious issues to senior management. Interprets and allocates resources to support strategic goals.
- 10+ progressive experience in U.S. ERISA qualified defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Experience with international retirement plans across more than one geography.
- Project Management
- External Resource Management
- HR: Policies, Stnds & Proceds
- Human Resources Consulting
- Benefit Programs
- Health-Medical Programs
- Retirement Programs
- Knwldge of Spec Bene Plan
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Arts
- Master of Business Admin