GE is the world's DigitalIndustrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. We develop software for GE Healthcare’s medical diagnostic imaging equipment that can be found all over the world, including the nation’s premium healthcare facilities. We tackle the toughest problems in medical technologies and services to save patient lives. This would not be made possible without the talented group of GE software engineers. Come join our team!GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: You will have the opportunity to design and develop software for the next generation X-ray products using the latest technologies. You will also lead developing innovative platform solutions for X-ray software.
- Learn X-ray products and their clinical needs
- Translate requirements into design, implement, test and deliver software to highest quality standards
- Lead design reviews to define and develop interfaces between software modules
- Work cross functionally with other teams to align activities and deliverables
- Coach and mentor software engineers
- Apply principles of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies like Agile and Continuous Integration
- Continuously expand technical knowledge, keep abreast of emerging software technologies and apply them to the product software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8years of professional experience in software development
- Proven hands-on experience with object oriented programming languages, primarily C++
- Experience working on Linux based platforms
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools
- Strong analytical skills, and experience in software development lifecycle
- Desired Characteristics:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of software development experience with C++
- Experience working in complex software development projects
- Strong oral, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Adapt to new environments, changing requirements and pivots quickly as needed
- Identify opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas.
- Takes initiative to experiment with new software frameworks Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.