IT Sales and Marketing Enablement Technologies Leader
11 - 15 years experience • Healthcare IT
The role of the IT Sales and Marketing Enablement Technologies Leader, is a leadership position in the Commercial IT organization and serves as a liaison between the IT team and the commercial business. The Leader has significant knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and commercial practices and is responsible to understand the business, assist in the prioritization of projects, ensure that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment, and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy, utilizing a team of direct reports to drive a deep understanding in each commercial business unit.
The successful candidate will need to understand the commercial needs for enabling field sales and sales leadership with technology to drive revenue and obtain cost efficiencies. The successful candidate will also need to understand the commercial needs for digitizing marketing with technology to drive engagement with Patients, Physicians, Specialty Pharmacies, and Payers among others. Looking holistically across these areas will be critical to optimizing the HCP and patient experience while working with supporting commercial functions such as business analytics, commercial information management, sales operations, and marketing operations. Our business leaders require a strategic partner in this area who can not only help them enable new functionality requirements but also help them understand innovation that is allowing our commercial teams to become more efficient and effective in front of their customers. Technologies could include customer relationship management, collaboration, closed loop marketing, digital platforms, social media, etc.
- Manage and develop a team of sales and marketing enablement IT specialists to deliver upon the strategic goals of the company.
- Build, deliver and execute a Sales and Marketing IT Strategic roadmap that enables the business outcomes aspired by the respective Brands Strategic Plans while assisting to connect them with the business objectives of Medical Affairs, Market and Patient Access, and Sales.
- Represent IT within the business teams by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business and attending business leadership meetings and appropriate management forums, providing a central point of information for all related IT activities
- Represent the business needs and interests within IT, contributing to appropriate IT team operational and development meetings.
- Sustain a thorough understanding and detailed knowledge of the key business processes and systems employed by the business.
- Understand and anticipate direction of the business area, identify opportunities, and make recommendations to support the business area desired future state.
- Accountable for the development of business cases and prioritization of projects, particularly using cost/benefit analysis to proactively manage business demand
- Partner with the Commercial Solutions Architect to develop the information technologyarchitecture model by being able to make objective recommendations regarding the relative fit of technology to business need
- Maintain a detailed understanding of IT operational performance and progress of ongoing development, and own accountability for problem resolution, working with a managed service partner and other implementation partners as required to meet the needs of the business
- Responsible for working with digital marketing agencies and integrating their vision and outputs into a broader digital transformation.
- Partner and key collaborator in building and launching a Digital Center of Excellence as the opportunities present themselves.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities.
- Owns innovation within sales and marketing enablement from an IT perspective.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in staff meetings and team meetings as required.
- Advance understanding of general industry usage of supported technologies.
- Advance understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
- Develop relationships within I/T and with supported customers to improve collaboration and teamwork necessary to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Participate in a development planning process where employee career goals are defined & understood and development activities are incorporated into the employee objectives.
Bachelordegree in Information Technology or related business field
10 Years Information Systems Experience
Bachelordegree in I/T field (computer science, information systems, etc.) with a minimum of 10 years I/T experience and 7+ years of experience in sales and marketing enablement technologies such as customer relationship management (CRM), web content management, multi-channel marketing, etc. Experience with Veeva and SFDCpreferred but experience with another toolset is acceptable.
Deep understanding of how digital marketing technology can add value in sales, marketing and customer service functions, and how it can be leveraged to enhance enterprise productivity.
Experience in assessing and implementing HIPAA compliant systems highly desirable. Prior experience in managing Patient CRMs would be a plus.
Exposure to user experience design and best practices.
Experience working with digital marketing agencies and internal Digital and Marketing CoE’s
Experience partnering with business units in the design, implementation, and business objectives realization of Patient and/or Physicians portals highly desirable (or similar business impact on a different industry)
Prior management experience.
- Strategy - Looks beyond daily activities to see trends in team performance / issues & addresses these trends with appropriate actions; contributes to the development of strategy in a functional area by researching industry trends and proactively proposing solutions to issues faced by the functional area supported
- Leadership - Leads by example; provides context & motivation to team members
- Management – Manages and develops personnel within his organization that are trusted advisors to the business.
- Project Development - Develops or contributes to the development of capital projects to fund I/T investments; key contributor to selection, time, resource & cost estimates
- Project Management - May manage large projects directly or establishes mechanisms to monitor status of multiple projects being executed concurrently; has overall responsibility and accountability for project financials; mentors personnel in project management techniques
- Communication Skills - Solid communication skills, both written and oral, with very strong customer service orientation and win-win negotiation skills
- Building Relationships: Must be able to build both formal and informal professional networks. Solicits advice, support, sponsorship and commitment that result in smooth transitions of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions.