At AutoNation, we refer to the Fixed Operations Department as Customer Care. This is a result of our strong focus on the Customer and our drive for Customer loyalty. The Customer Care Director is the leader of the Service, Parts and possibly Collision departments within an AutoNation store. This role drives the performance of these areas by attracting, developing and retaining great talent and creating an exceptional service experience for our Customers.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, SalesAssociates, region and market leadership, manufacturer representatives and vendors, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the store to achieve targeted performance in all areas of Customer Care
- Driving a highly efficient sales and production operation to get Customers in an out quickly while ensuring our “fix it right the first time” brand promise is upheld.
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent for the store
- Creating an exceptional customer experience to drive customer loyalty
- Ensuring the Service area is retail-ready with proper displays, point-of-purchase information and visible competitive pricing for maintenance products.
- Managing the business in accordance with AutoNation and manufacturer requirements and processes.
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance.
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations.
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Customer Care Director is measured by achieving:
- Targeted sales and profit in Service, Parts and Collision
- Targeted expense management
- Targeted Associateretention
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Service and/or Parts Management experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain great talent
- Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to drive revenue and profitability
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Customer Care Directors have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- Market Customer Care Director
- Other Corporate or Region support role