In this role the individual will apply advanced level technical support expertise to resolve highly complex customer issues. Requests may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from Customers, Partners, VCE employees, remote maintenance calls, Chat and Web Support Calls. Accept escalated requests from other technical team members as the subject matter expert. Use independent judgment to accomplish objectives. Work closely with engineering and cross-functional POD team in resolving customer issues. Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex technical problems. Provide problem determination and resolution for customer issues. Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures. Identify and document with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources or to VCE parent companies (Cisco, EMC, VMware) to resolve more complex issues. Will be expected to develop and participate in solutions based Vblock training and problem resolution skills development.Develops broad knowledge of the organization’s mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day issues.
- Applies advanced platform & technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve standard level issues.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution. Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database may provide senior or expert level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned products or skills.
- Understands and leverages VCE’s technical communication structure. Sphere of influence extends well outside of the department. May be asked to participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings.
- Will participate in the creation and maintenance of eService applications such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
- Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
- As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-callresponsibilities may be required as well as occasional travel to customer sites.
- Understanding of VCE and Vblock solutions.
- Vblock product and/or VCE cross-product training is highly desirable.
- Adaptable (ability to quickly learn new technologies as required)
- Customer facing experience.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluency in Nexus switches - CompTIA, CCNA certified or relevant work experiencerequired
- Virtualization - VMWare vSphere – VCP certified or relevant work experience is a plus
- Compute – Cisco UCS Blade servers – DCUCI certified or relevant work experience is a plus
- SAN - Excellent knowledge of fibre channelswitches, CISCO MDS
- Scale IO
- Red Hat
- Fluency in advanced troubleshooting skills, methodologies and processes
- Broad system application and IT knowledge
- Experience in database and application administration
Education Required: Bachelors (Tech) or equivalent
ExperienceRequired: 7+Years of technical support