Working under minimal supervision, the BI Developer will build and deliver data visualizations, working with the business and the ETL engineers. Looking for a candidate that has a strong data background and is not exclusively Microsoft. This role will collect, manage and analyzestructured/unstructureddata, related to areas of hypothesized value. Interpret such data and present it in a way that is digestible and impactful. Support development, delivery and use of BI applications.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Good understanding of noSQL, newSQL and big data technologies.
- Solid understanding of conceptual, logical and physical database design principles
- Solid understanding of data warehousing/archiving techniques
- Ability to interact with business stakeholders and development teams to ensure that the proper data is surfaced to the business in a coherent and timely manner.
- Write and automate ETL jobs that create data flow and serve application’s data needs.
- Build data delivery visualizations that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners.
- Build robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or closely related field OR 4+ years of relevant work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with BI technologies including Tableau
- 3+ years in-depth experience with the multiple data sources (MSSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Postgres, Cassandra etc.)
- Demonstrated skills with data delivery and visualization
Please attach a portfolio of sample visualization work with your application.