As a QA Test Automation Developer you contribute to accelerating product delivery through automation of repeatable test scripts during product development. On a daily basis, you work very closely with developers, testers and DevOps staff to integrate tests into Continuous Integration pipelines.
As a team member you contribute to the success of your team to improve QA approach by using modern automation and DevOps tools.
- Work within a project team, collaborate with Developers, Testers, peer Test Developers and Continuous Integration Leads to build the automated tests and configure them to execute in a deployment platform using tools such as Selenium with Java and Maven packages, HP UFT, various web service test tools, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, HP ALM.
- Create and maintain a reusable set of automated test: Unit, Integrated, Performance, and functional tests with QA and business experts.
- Identification and creation of reusable test data, particularly for automated testing
- Identification and creation of reusable test data through automation
- Manage test requests, estimating time needed and working with other team members to set priorities following risk based testing approach.
- Assist team in maintenance and enhancements of Software Architecture and Infrastructure.
- Participate in test strategy, test estimation and planning discussions
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks
- Train & guide other QA team members on tools and test automation.
- Responsible for finding, isolating, documenting, tracking, and regressing defects through the QA process utilizing a bug tracking tool effectively
- Provide ideas on efficient code functions (preferably reusable) in UFT and Selenium
- Troubleshoot common UFT and Selenium script execution issues.
- 2+ years of experience in testing software and maintaining test automation
- Experience within a Financial and/or Insurance Company and/or Financial systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of UFT and Selenium – mobile testing will be an asset
- Knowledge of web service testing tools such as SoupUI and Postman
- Ability to create UFT scripts for non- web platforms such as – ActiveX and VB.
- Knowledge and experience with Robot framework considered an asset
- Knowledge of QA tools, methodology and process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and Experience with DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is an asset.
- Have hands-on experience with cloud based technologies
- Have hands-on experience building and/or testing backend systems
- CSTE, CSQA certifications is an asset
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and on a wide variety of teams
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, and collaborative
- Awareness and understanding of cultural diversity
- Ability to differentiate QA processes between Waterfall and Agile
- Experience building automated test scripts in parallel of development efforts in an Agile environment is an asset.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.