Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2016 revenues of approximately $9.0 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,000 people around the world.
Eastman’s Specialty Plastics Business is committed to delivering solutions to our customers’ complex product and process challenges in multiple markets and applications. As a leading supplier in specialty compounded thermoplastic product solutions, such as TREVA, TENITE, and TRITAN, Eastman’s compounding operations is seeking an experienced professional to join the leadership team to support Operations Excellence and Growth initiatives.
In this role, you will have responsibility for leading Operations Excellence initiatives and directly interfacing with Operations Leaders and Personnel, Technical Support, Supply Chain, and Business/Commercial roles. You will support the establishment of the operations and supply strategies and leading in a team environment while engaging associates and driving results.
- Develop supply sourcing, capital deployment, and asset utilization strategies for existing and new products that support growth initiatives and support both short-term and long-term success.
- Advise Organizational and Commercial leaders in industry best-practices, recommending and leading implementation of improvements to align, refresh, and transform the operations strategy and commercial execution.
- Work with Eastman functional team, consisting of Commercial Leaders, Operations, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, and Product Development/Scale-up, to achieve business results.
- Drive cross functional engagement to create an environment that supports a lean approach to rapid commercialization of new products and enables flexibility to incorporate new operations and business models.
- Support tolling and M&A external supply optionality through partner evaluation, qualification, and incorporation into supply sourcing strategies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university is required; Engineering, specifically Chemical or Polymer Engineering, is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in compounding industry with minimum of 5 years of Operations Leadership preferred.
Skills & Attributes / Desired Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Presents visions/strategies/ideas/proposals in an effective manner; articulates ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience driving transformational change
- Successful track record of continuous improvement
- Experience supporting mature commercial products and new product development initiatives
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans and successfully manage multiple priorities
- Excellent customer interface and collaboration skills enabling discovery and commitment across the value chain
- Comfortable in assuming risks and making choices; can lead teams through ambiguity
- Creative and strategic mindset who can develop multi-horizon plans, communicate and gain organizational commitment
- Strong understanding of modern manufacturing practices that should include both product and process design tools prior to launch such as QFD, FMEA, DFM, etc., as well as continuous improvement tools such as LEAN, Six Sigma and DFSS analyses, appropriate measures at every level, etc.
Ability to travel 20% domestically and internationally