Under the general direction of the IT Applications Manager, will plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Responsible for configuration, testing, training and troubleshooting existing applications; troubleshooting systems issues including generating and compiling reports based on findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions. Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help optimize the benefit of IT systems to the agency.
Representative Duties & Essential Functions
E = Essential Functions
Strategy & Planning - 25%
1. Meet with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and system goals. E
2. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging said systems. E
3. Help to develop application roadmaps to support future growth and technology trends to support the agency's business needs and mission. E
4. Analyze and document relevant business processes. E
5. Assist to create system design proposals. E
6. Assist to help ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems. E
Acquisition & Deployment - 20%
7. Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications. E
8. Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts. Perform cost-benefit, and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions. E
9. Participate in implementation projects of new applications or additional functionality including performing as IT Technical Lead or project manager. E
10. Communicate and coordinate with managers, end-users, vendors or other individuals as needed during analysis, requirement definition, and development phases of new systems and applications. E
Operational Management - 55%
11. Maintain new and existing software and applications across the agency as assigned. E ·
12. Work with end users to identify and document root cause of an issue, scope of impact and resolution.
13. Collaborate with other IT team members to troubleshooting and resolve issues.
14. Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in systems across the agency. E
15. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support. E
16. Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified, and new systems. Create and develop all levels of training classes, including the classroom curriculum for employees on the use of agency applications. Provide guidance, and/or instruction to other staff members. E
17. Perform configuration and updates for systems, employee set-up, and related technical expertise and maintenance. E
18. Ensure that business requests and problems are resolved, including responding to assigned help-desk tickets, in a timely basis. E
19. Learn user functions, organization, roles and business process in the agency to the extent required. E
20. Maintain the integrity of assigned applications, and ensure the continuity with minimal effect to clients. E
21. Perform project management duties as needed for assigned project(s), which could include managing project budget, timelines and resources.
22. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery to assist in attaining the unit/program/department initiatives and goals, agency core strategies, and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork and respect. Work respectfully and courteously with other employees, follow direction, and work well under pressure.
23. Attend all required training and safety meetings; use, and maintain assigned personal or ergonomic protective equipment; report all injuries and illnesses to supervisor immediately; complete and submit incident/accident reports as required; report hazardous conditions, or unsafe work practices to supervisor; and follow all safety and health guidelines, practices, policies and procedures, and actively support and participate in the Emergency Preparedness program and tasks.
24. Perform related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or related field; or may substitute four years of relevant work experience for the degree.
Eight years of work experience with enterprise-level software packages including enterprise resource planning (ERP), web- or cloud-based, or other business-critical software applications. Knowledge of business processes. Previous experience in applicable systems as a business systems analyst. In-depth experience with Agile and Project management methodologies
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Washington driver's license, and fully insurable driving record.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Configuration of enterprise-level software packages including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), web- or cloud-based, or other business critical software applications.
2. Principles and practices of training and providing work direction to others.
3. Technical aspects of field of specialty.
4. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
5. Business process analysis and design.
6. System documentation techniques.
7. Project management methodologies including system testing.
1. Work with end-users, management and staff to support application software needs and plan and provide effective formal and informal training in the use of related applications.
2. Assure overall system and data integrity.
3. Perform specialized work in application software analysis, configuration, development, installation, testing and maintenance.
4. Assure technical standards are followed.
5. Direct communications between end user or vendors are conducted in an appropriate manner. May provide direction for contract labor on projects or as staff augmentation.
6. Demonstrate skill in configuration or programming techniques and expertise in ensuring system environments will meet business requirements and technical specifications.
7. Express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
8. Work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
9. Prepare complex and detailed procedures for effective usage of application software.
10. Work independently with little direction.
11. Work in a collaborative team environment building strong partner relationships.
12. Meet schedules and time lines; plan and organize work including juggling conflicting priorities appropriately.
13. Work respectfully and courteously with staff, residents, and the general public.
14. Identify and document business requirements that define the business need for a technical solution.
• Office environment.
• Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations.
• Seeing to view a computer monitor.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Occasional contact with dissatisfied, rude, or abusive individuals.
NOTE: This job class specification describes main duties only