Integrated Microwave Assembly (IMA) Design Engineer
At API we innovate, design and deliver high reliability products every day to serve our customers. These products keep soldiers safe, allow satellites to communicate, save lives through medical technology, and more. With 1,700+ people working across 15 design/manufacturing centers in North America and Europe we strive to be a leading global partner of choice in our markets: Defense, Aerospace, Space, Medical, Oil & Gas, Telecom, and Secure Systems.
API Technologies is a different company today than it was in 2016. After years of acquisitions we recognized the need to transform and began integrating our business to leverage our collective capabilities. We hired a Chief Transformation Officer. We promoted people into roles where they could make a difference and eliminate waste. We implemented a continuous improvement (CI) program, hiring CI Managers, training every employee in 5Y, and running Kaizen events to tackle low hanging fruit: we still have some. The employees who embrace this culture have thrived. Together, we are building a stronger business.
If you are an employee who challenges the status quo, who makes an impact, and who would be driven to continuously improve by the people our products protect and serve globally; then apply at www.apitech.com/careers. We strive to put excellence in everything we do: including your career.
SUMMARY: The Senior IMA Engineer develops complex control systems and architecture from scratch and generates schematics. The Senior IMA Engineer is responsible for the specifications and implementation of all electrical components and the overall electrical layout and design of complex automation systems.
• Design various circuits for converts, synthesizers and more complex systems
• Lead testing of microwave circuits and subassemblies
• Design active microwave circuits such as amplifiers and oscillators
• Perform 3D EM simulations of passive circuits, transitions and housings
• Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly
• Reviews products design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
• Perform system and circuit simulations
• Lead the conceptualization and layout of new product development
• Specify RF, DC and control components and sub assemblies
• Bachelor of Science degree in ElectricalEngineering AND
• 5+ years of experience in related industry OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None Required
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Corel Draw, Adobe Acrobat, Web proficiency.
• Knowledge of MS Access Database Software, Pro Engineer, 3-D Modeling Design Software, As400, MRP Manufacturing Software
• Strong technical writing skills
• Experience with troubleshooting machinery
• Ability to translate specifications and written outlines into operating machinery
• This is an office-based position in a manufacturing facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities