DescriptionAs a Senior Project Manager with Graycor Construction Company, you will partner with substantial clients nationally and will drive overall successful project performance results within the distribution center market. Within this market, you will oversee a book of business, engaging with the client while managing multiple operational teams.
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Execute safety compliance and quality programs. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent Graycor as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of all project site-based staff. This typically includes a Project Manager, Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Graycor Construction Company, actively participating in committees, assist in formulation of new policies, and serve as a company-wide Champion for new initiatives related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant construction operations experience working in design-build and light industrial markets, including logistics/ distribution centers.
- A bachelordegree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Sr. Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.