Responsible for all aspects of the site (location, branch) operations; safety, staffing and customer service functions working in conjunction with the Sales and Supply Chain teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the local team to manage the safety/compliance performance, packaged gas sales, welding products and hard goods sales, cylinder production and distribution (if applicable), inventory, support on A/R and back office operations.
- Provides leadership to deliver a high level of personal and team safety performance and regulatory compliance.
- Leads the Safety Culture to a performance goal of zero accidents, zero incidents.
- Supports the direct sales and leads retail and inside sales efforts to deliver profitable growth of the Area business.
- Optimizes profitability of the Area business by actively managing controllable expenses, local inventory and development of continuous improvement projects to generate hard cost savings/profit improvement as a function of War on Waste.
- Develops area local sales strategies in support of Regional, Zone, and Division strategies; e.g. Hard goods, Private Label, Shielding Gases, Spec Gases, Etc…
- Supports sales representatives in customer activities, new business acquisition, contract negotiations and customer service requirements.
- Coordinates and manages communications in the site and between Area, Region and Zone Management.
- Reports area activity in a timely manner to MTG management.
- Accountable for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard good inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and if applicable gallons delivered vs. gallons sold.
- Shares accountability for collections results.
- Plans for succession and develops employees for advancement within the company.
- Participates in semi-annual inventories.
- Responsible for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard-goods inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and as appropriate propane (e.g. gallons delivered from vendor vs. gallons sold) as well as daily close out location procedures
- Perform other project and duties as assigned.
HOURS OF WORK: Typical hours for this position are going to match the requirements of the customer base Monday through Friday and possibly some Saturday hours if applicable. This is a full-time position, which may require traveling.
Directly supervises the local site employees within the retail branch. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Five to Ten years related experience and/or training preferably in site/branch operations and/or package gas operations in the industrial gas industry; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry such as fractions, percentages, ratios, volume and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a Matrix environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
- Hazardous Materials training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear (e.g. relaying to employees, phone calls).
- The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel (e.g. computer work).
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus (e.g. troubleshooting welding problems, driving).
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions (e.g. traveling to customer sites).
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles (e.g. in warehouse, at customer sites).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Hands on understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications, and associated equipment.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing practices.
- Training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and FDA)