The Vice President, Field Operations role is a senior executive position that is responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of the market including Technical Operations, Finance and Human Resources.
- Provides strong leadership to Field Operations personnel, including communicating vision, strategy and objectives.
- Leads by example in creating an environment that encourages open communication, sharing ideas and best practices and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Reviews work from a relatively long-term perspective and against the function's goals. Translates corporate strategy and field priorities into short- and mid-term objectives for the function.
- Provides leadership to Field Operations staff to ensure activities of all technical operations employees are performed optimally and in compliance with Company standards of quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for managing a large Field Operations budget, including labor and capital expenses.
- Creates strategies to achieve business goals such as; increasing revenues, limiting expenses, adding subscribers and developing a skilled, motivated, satisfied and diverse workforce.
- Directs and participates in planning activities related to the Area through the preparation of various budgets and forecasts to meet defined objectives for growth and profitability.
- Strategically works with other functional leaders in forecasting customer activity and resulting resource requirements at each of the plants; identifies and manages resource allocation and needed employee skill sets within the plants based on forecasted work levels.
- Works with Technical Operations and Care leadership in identifying training needs, ensuring staff has the correct combination of skills to meet the expanding broadband needs of our customers.
- Builds and maintains favorable and beneficial relationships with community residents and public officials within the area to protect the company's franchises and to permit profitable customer rates throughout.
- Reviews and submits reports that provide critical data to drive ongoing operational performance improvement.
- Interprets, administers, and implements corporate policies and procedures. Approves policies and major operating procedures.
- Remains current on all technological and related advances in order to facilitate optimal productivity and accuracy for the drafting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent is preferred.
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in telecommunications management.
- Demonstrated success in the following core competencies: Visionary thinking complimented by shaping and executing strategy; business orientation to include functional depth and breadth within telecommunications' operations and strong financial and budgetary skills.
- Strong decision making skills coupled with the ability to lead change.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to team development and in working with other stakeholders including governmental agencies and senior management.
- Respect for others, personal responsibility, adaptability to change, and a passion and motivation to approach all aspects of the job with optimism and enthusiasm.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Requisition #: 163356