Requisition ID: ENG003478
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
At Merck’s campus in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have openings for Senior Process Engineer position available on our Technical Operations team. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of biologic, vaccine, and sterile product manufacturing facilities.
- Achieving Safety, Quality, and Environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Managing multiple technical and capital projects and assembling and leading multidisciplinary teams across many functional areas
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Supporting and leading change control implementation
- Leading and conducting technical investigations and analyses, recommending corrective actions, and seeing them through to successful, sustainable implementation
- Writing, reviewing, improving documentation for technical and regulatory compliance excellence
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
- Teaching, coaching, mentoring, and learning from team members
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of six years of relevant industrial experience
- M.S. degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of four years of relevant industrial experience
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias toward going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Project management skills and experience
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- A strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
- Working in a cGMP environment
- Biologics or vaccine processing
- Sterile processing
- Project Management
- Leadership roles
- Participation in regulatory agency inspections