Seeking a forward-thinking leader to join a strong team designing innovative tax solutions based on cutting edge technologies. Requires both a solid background in technology and solution development, as well as the business acumen to understand the complex challenges and opportunities of meeting the business goals of a national practice.
Combining their business insight with their experience in systems analysis, business process analysis/design, solution architecture and software development, this architect bridges the solution visions between the business and IT. They help lead the design of new solutions that meet both the business vision and technology standards; leveraging from existing technologies where possible and minimizing costs and risks to the firm. They identify business constraints and design considerations that would impact the ability to deliver timely/efficient solutions and facilitate ease of adoption, maintenance and expansion to meet similar business needs. While primarily responsible for understanding and designing complex business solutions, they must also have sufficient understanding of the technical architecture/development process of a software development lifecycle to identify and resolve gaps in alignment that would jeopardize the ultimate delivery and success of the solution.
This position has significant responsibilities during all phases of the software development lifecycles. Working closely with the business lead, this architect translates complex business requirements into user stories and end-to-end solution designs that include business processes, business content and a recommendation of how to best use available technologies to deliver that functionality. While this role will not be responsible for executing detailed IT architectural/application development specifications, they will represent the business during the design and vetting of those IT created deliverables and provide critical input needed by the development team.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Recognizes patterns of functional need to transform business requirements into development user stories and end-to-end solution designs (including process and technology); strongly rooted in understanding the business of providing professional tax services
- Understands and articulates practical limitations of technology use in specific business context
- Designs solutions based on comprehensive assessments of potential design impact upon people, processes, and technology; aligning the proposed solution with both the business vision and RSM technology standards
- Requires being well-versed in business processes and tools (familiarity with accounting, finance or tax processes a definite advantage)
- Identifies where business requirements can be met by refining existing processes/tools
- Identifies any remaining gaps requiring new processes and tool functionality
- Works with the business lead and IT counterparts (project managers, business analysts, development leads, and other architects) to design and execute workable solutions to bridge technology gaps
- Works with the business counterparts from the National Tax team and field professionals to design and execute workable solutions to bridge process/functional gaps
- Creates solution architecture diagrams and other design artifacts representing the approach and effect of new proposed solutions
- Delivers and confirms the implemented end-to-end solutions (technology and process components) successfully meet the identified business need and adheres to approved standards
- Understand and articulate typical architecture considerations and options to business leadership to facilitate strategic planning for current and future tax solutions.
- Create and maintain tax solution design documentation and provide input on tax technology roadmaps.
- At least 8 years of proven solution development experience with designing and deploying software solutions, including:
- A minimum of 4 years in the role of a business solution architect (or direct equivalent) with responsibility for translating business requirements into architected solution designs (including process design, data design, technical system design and development responsibilities)
- Experience with both functional and system requirements
- Excellent business writing and solution documentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently with remote team members
- Self-motivated with a great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills including an ability to participate in concurrent projects
- Strong communication skills with diverse audiences
- Experience with both .Net and cloud solution architecture
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Prior work history with financial, accounting or tax business solutions
- Prior work history with professional service provider solutions
- Experience with process design/standardization
- Experience with data modelling
- Microsoft Office Excel workpaper design skills
- Availability for limited travel
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Job ID req2388_Omaha