Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work withothers, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Finance team builds the financialinfrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
As the Corporate Accounting Manager at Dropbox, you will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting &Reporting team and will be hands on coordinating the company’s worldwide month-endfinancial close processes. You will lead the consolidation, inter-company, andinternalreporting processes and willreport to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and FinancialReporting. Additionally, you will drive the monthly close process and trackinternal achievements from start to finish. Lastly, you'll be key in developing policies and procedures thatsupportthe accounting for current global operations and for future global expansion.
- Lead the inter-company, consolidations, and management of monthly close processes
- Be responsible for the end-to-end internal reporting process, including handling prep for quarterly close decks presented to the Chief Financial Officer and help with the preparation of the quarterly earnings package
- Directly responsible for career management and supervision of one other FTE and contractors, as necessary
- Partner with the tax department to develop policies to calculate, prepare and record cost plus and transfer pricing journal entries
- Assist the external reporting team with deliverables as necessary
- Lead the chart-of-accounts governance between Accounting, FP&A, Tax, and Treasury, including the set-up of new entities within Oracle
- Partner closely with Tax and Treasury on capitalization, inter-company loans, and inter-company agreements for new legal entities. Maintain documentation on purpose of the entity and assist with functional currency documentation
- Participate in the development of strategies to improve accounting operations effectiveness, including the development and execution of organizational, process and system changes
- Assist with financialaudit preparation/support
- Preparation for Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- CPA with at least 5 years of experience in accounting with a mix of both a public accounting firm and industry experience
- Leadership and people-management skills
- Top performer that is willing to dive into the details, and looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP including consolidations, foreign currency, revaluation and elimination with a strong ability to solve problems with complex transactions
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Execution focused with an ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).