Summary of Position
The Director of Marketing (DM) has primary responsibilities for developing and managing integrated marketing plans for the Exchanges business units, which includes both Academic and Work Exchange programs. The DM is responsible for leading a marketing team, developing and communicating strategies across departments, and executing informed initiatives over a variety of channels. In addition, the DM creates strategies that support the continued growth of the various Exchanges businesses and maintains the integrity of established work processes.
• Develop integrated marketing strategies to support the growth of a suite of Academic and Work Exchange programs.
• Provide leadership and influence to the business as it pertains to integrated marketing direction.
• Work cross-departmentally to lead marketing initiatives.
• Working closely with the Sales teams; enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with the appropriate tools and materials
• Develop and maintain an annual marketing calendar and effectively communicate deliverables and timelines to appropriate teams.
• Efficiently manage and execute marketing campaigns across a variety of channels including web/interactive, traditional media, print, branding, and social media marketing to generate qualified leads and enhanced levels of interest to support sales goals.
• Drive the growth of CIEE’s participant base by overseeing the development and execution of targeted online advertising, lead generation campaigns, search marketing plans, and content strategies.
• Manage a team of marketing professionals, consisting of marketing managers, creative resources, and administrative roles, as well as external freelancers and agencies.
• Manage annual marketing budgets for all lines of business; request estimates, gain approvals, process invoices, actualize expenses, reforecast on a monthly basis. • Report consistently and clearly on project updates, issues, and resolutions.
• Track and analyze digitalreports for consumer trends and overall ROI, work with digital team to address expenditures as necessary.
• Assume full responsibility for the collateral materials strategy for the business unit, including course catalogs.
• Perform other duties, as assigned. Accountability The Marketing Director has these main accountabilities:
• Effectively lead cross-departmental teams.
• Enhance and protect the brand of CIEE Exchanges businesses.
• Manage the marketing budgets to maximize efficiencies of spend.
• Represent CIEE with integrity, accuracy, and within the spirit of its mission.
• Develop integrated marketing plans for four semester periods each year utilizing all marketing and enrollment resources available within the organization.
• Generate qualified lead flow that results in student population growth and enhance the efforts of the Institutional Relations and Enrollment Teams.
• Effectively lead cross-departmental teams to launch new locations, products, and programs.
Requirements Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
• Work Experience: 7+ years of marketing experience, with at least 5 in a management capacity. A marketing generalist is most ideal for this position, with high level knowledge of all aspects of integrated marketing including web, digital/SEO, creative, collateral, direct response, branding, product management and launch, data analysis, communications, and public relations.
• Strong project management skills required.
• Demonstrated interest in international education and exchange is preferred.
• Time Management: Must have the ability to plan for and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and on tight deadlines in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Administration: Must have strong organizational and administrative skills and extreme attention to detail.