Avvo is seeking an experienced Analyst with a track record helping consumer-focused companies grow. You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You have a passion for translating data into insights to find opportunities for growth and can effectively communicate them internally.
You are a creative thinker who can recommend, plan, and execute an analytical approach that results in actionable business improvements. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company with significant growth potential that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
This role is part predictive analytics, part deep-dive data analysis, and part reporting – we need someone with a broad range of tools, and the judgment to choose the best tool to meet the business goals.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor around data analysis and related best practices
- Collaborate with agileengineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs
- Produce recommendations and insights for key partners that will help shape business decisions
- Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities
- Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership, including C-level executives, to explain and illustrate complex analytical findings
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by partners
- Support the business with time-critical data analyses
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems
- Highly proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel, Tableau)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses and business needs in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences
- Knowledge of R, Python, or similar
- Experience with predictive modeling, machine learning, and/or data mining.
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with data modeling and KPI definition
- Experience working with Sales and/or Marketing teams
- Experience with attribution modeling.