The Sr. QA Manager contributes to the success of the company by managing all activities of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance department in a manner which ensures consistent product safety and quality. The person in this position will also maintain working relationships with customers (internal and external) and FSIS Inspection representatives. Essential duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Develop, document, implement, verify, and validate Food Safety and QA processes and procedures used to monitor incoming raw materials, production, and products (Finished and Work in Process) to ensure compliance to all regulatory, customer, and company requirements;
• Maintain a professional working relationship with USDA/FSIS. Monitor industry and regulatory news to identify new trends that could be utilized for continuous improvement within the facility and company. Other duties as assigned by the location General Manager or VP, Food Safety and Quality Assurance;
• Provide products and services to customers (internal and external), which meet or exceed expectations;
• Drive plant improvement by providing proactive solutions to issues that will support facility operations staff in achieving Quality and Safety goals;
• Maintain effective working relationship with Corp QA, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Distribution, and Operations. Provide timely, accurate, and relevant data and analysis to enable them to effectively manage the business.
Bachelor's Degree (Food science, Animal science, or equivalent) required; Minimum of 5years experience in food processing; Knowledge of poultry/foods processing principles; understanding of management principles, and team concepts. General knowledge of plant functions: production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping, receiving, and sanitation. Also a proven ability in supervision of others. Good analytical and communication (written/oral) skills.
• Ability to manage a diverse group of technicians, supervisors, and clerks at various experience and maturity levels within their careers;
• Managing complex relationships between facility and regulatory personnel;
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to a variety of issues to ensure continuous improvement in the safety and quality of products;
• Strong planning, organization, customer service, and written/verbal communication skills;
• Display good organizational and communication skills needed to maintain good document control and meet corporate standards while working with larger team of outside; and
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), USDA/FSIS Regulations, Quality Audit Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Food Safety Systems including HACCP and SSOP.