I. Job Summary
Ensures the highest standards of environmental safety andoperational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the landfill.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be ableto perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties
may be assigned.
- Ensures smooth operation of landfill: ongoingconstruction, permitting, leachate/gas management.
- Minimizes operational costs while maximizing productivityand maintaining safety and environmental compliance.
- Continually works to improve customer service, includingturnaround times and providing a safe and reliable disposal area.
- Accurately tracks waste volume and weight.
- Acts as a liaison, where necessary, for communityrelationships.
- Actively monitors ongoing permitting issues.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’sMission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directedprograms in a timely fashion.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department includingselecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination,compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Assists in the budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the physicalproperty of the landfill through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with supervisors/employees.
- Works closely with maintenance to ensure good operation and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic safetymeetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, andefficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in apositive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits requiredreports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this jobis the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of six (6) full-time employees,including:
- Indirect supervision of one (1) full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of thequalifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu ofdegree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience (inaddition to education requirement).