Clinical Nurse Specialist / Family Center Maternity Care
Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Under general supervision of the Nursing Administrator(s), providesleadership and clinical expertise within the National Association of ClinicalNurse Specialists (NACNS) spheres of influence to improvepatient care, advance nursing practice and impact the health care delivery system. Functions as aleadership team member as a partner with theNurse Manager/Director to assure competence, practice standards,orientation andeducation. The CNS serves as a clinical expert providing teaching, mentoring, consulting, research, management and systems improvement in a specific practice area or with a patient population.
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with evidence of Nursing theory, research and clinical concentration in the care of the patient who is acutely or critically ill.
- If the candidate's Master's program did not contain at minimum of 500 clinical hours, the candidate will successfully obtain a post-graduate certificate that meets the clinical component standard within 3 years of the date of hire and pass an advanced practice nurse certification.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively more responsibleexperiences as a registered nurse in a clinical setting with expertise substantiated through education, experience and credentials.
- Evidence of expertise in clinical knowledge, skill and judgment directly linked to specialty area of expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective inter-personnel and inter-departmental relationships.
- Ability to apply the concepts of learning theory in planning and implementing educational activities.
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities.
- Candidate must have experience in Obstetrics.
- Current Michigan Registered Nurse license.
- ANCC Clinical Nurse Specialist certification preferred.
- Any national Advance Practice Nurse certification must be obtained within 3 years of date of hire.