We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our team.
The Engineering organization at Pratt & Whitney is divided into four Module Centers, including Hot Section, Compression and Mechanical Systems, Fans and Externals, and Product Delivery. The Module Centers are a world-class engineering organization, aligned by component-level hardware in different sections of the jet engine. The four module centers work in tandem to deliver Pratt and Whitney’s trademark Dependable Engines.
Experienced design engineers will lead a team of designers in developing conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs of gas turbine engines; be responsible for design configuration; meet cost, weight, and production requirements; participate on or lead multidisciplinary integrated product teams (IPTs) to develop and produce new hardware or to improve existing designs; and support design reviews and provide field technical support. The engineer in this position will interact with internal and external customers.
Qualified candidates must possess good communication and problem solving skills. The skill to build and evaluate detail, module, or system level models is required. Key elements of this position include the capability to interpret analysis results for accuracy and propose alternate configurations to resolve design. To ensure a robust design, the candidate will be responsible for continuous improvement of internal processes.
Level of Responsibility:
- Responsible for entire projects and significant components of other projects
- Applies their knowledge to contribute to the team, department, and possibly the business unit
- Fully developed professional, able to work without direct guidance from others
- May develop and coach others
- Has in-depth knowledge of the discipline that may extend to similar fields
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical engineering, Aerospace engineering, or related discipline
- A minimum of 7 years of related design engineeringexperience
- U.S. citizenship required
- Design Engineeringexperience with proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis preferred
- Turbo-machinery design experience and automated design optimization skills is a plus
B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical engineering, Aerospace engineering, or related discipline
Job ID 52812BR